Friday, July 13, 2007

Anniversary

Well, I guess I can’t say that this is really a wedding update. But I will throw in some boring info about the wedding too.

Yesterday was our anniversary. Hurrah! It has been 4 years now, 4 amazing years. True to form Brian and I decided to go bowling. This is what we have done for every anniversary, since that is what we did on our first date. And, I must say, for two people who didn’t know each other very well, it was a great time! Our plans were almost foiled however, when we went to our “normal” bowling place, and they were having league bowling until late. Oh no!

So we headed out for some dinner and to try to figure out what to do next. However, the spot that we headed to, surprise, it was closed. And I mean closed for good. Odd, I didn’t see that particular restaurant chain closing…

Anyway, so we had to completely revamp our plans. We headed to the tried and true, Hibachi restaurant. However, this time we just went in for sushi. (We had been there last Sunday for Brian’s birthday) It was pretty good, and we had fun people watching, and watching the chefs make the sushi. Let me just say, that I think avocado is one of the best foods ever!

Later, we decided to go to “expensive bowling place”. Normally, their prices are through the roof. However, since it was not cosmic bowling it wasn’t too bad. Our shoes were delivered to us and the bowling lane, and we got a free pair of funny socks. (there is a pins and ball design on the top) So there will be no complaining here.

My camera is on the fritz, I need to pull out the manual and get it back into working order. So, none of the pictures came out really well. Sorry! However, I can’t help but love this one. I just like that you can see the ball swinging up and back.

The games were close. I stunk it up the first round!! The second round, I stomped Brian, and even got the high score of the evening. One hundred twenty something…I know, shameful! J But in our tie-breaking round, Brian ended up beating me by two points.

Overall, it was a fantastic night!

As far as wedding stuff goes. We have received the contract from the photographer and the caterer. All we have to do is sign, seal and deliver. The photographer provided no surprises, as we had talked about most of it beforehand. I was a little surprised at the caterer. I know that they have to cover themselves in this sue-happy society. However, I did notice that there was very little (one item) about the services that they are required to provide, and everything else (the other fifteen points) were about what we were to do, and what we could not blame them for. So, I have sent them some questions that Brian and I had, concerning the contact, but I am sure it will all work out. See, I told you it was boring…

No comments: