Wednesday, July 4, 2007

It's the 4th

Hello Wedding Curious!
Well, the big news this week is that we chose our photographer. He seems like a nice person, with somewhat reasonable prices, and he seems to know his stuff. Although we haven’t let him know that we chose him yet. We will save that for tomorrow. Check out his work here.
The interview process of the photographers felt long, and pretty painful. If you haven’t heard me complain before, the prices that they are willing to ask, are shocking! Really, we don’t even have to pay for film anymore. And one can use the same 3 or 4 memory cards over and over, so I don’t really see what the big expense is. Oh well, no more ranting.
Also, today is the big ONE YEAR TO GO mark! That’s right, one measly little year to get everything planned, picked, sent out, and ready. I think it is pretty crazy. However, I find it very exciting. One more year, and I suddenly turn into The Mrs.
We also have scheduled our rehearsal date. It is going to be July 2nd at 6pm. Yes, that is a Wednesday, and yes, our wedding is on a Friday, but that is how they run it at Lionscrest. (If you haven’t heard about the wedding site, and you want to get a sneak-peek
...)
Our next step is going to be finding an officiant for our non-denominational ways. I have left that in Brian’s capable hands. Mostly, I got a little burned out, looking through all the photographers and setting up interviews, and all that jazz. So I figured the next step would be a good one for Brian to get his hands dirty in this whole wedding process. Really, we are both looking forward to the cake and catering tasting. Yum!
Happy Fourth of July!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey I gotta a question. are there gonna be fireworks?

Jessica said...

Well, that is the thing...we probably won't be able to see any fireworks where we are at. Hopefully, we will all be having too much fun to notice.

Mary Lynn said...

It's possible that Lyons has fireworks planned for that night, and be viewable from the reception. We should find out. I wonder if Lyons has a Chamber of Commerce? I bet they do. :)

The real fireworks though, will be when Jess & Brian do that kiss after they've been married!

Unknown said...

congrats kid you look really happy and i am happy for you,,, i am also jealous i have been wanting to dive aus. for a while now. reminds me of my fav aussi saying no matter where you go there you are. ill keep in touch be happy