Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Engaged

This is a previously composed post that I did for my Myspace page. I thought it would be a nice addition for those who haven't heard the engagement story...and possibly even for those who have.

That's right folks, my first blog ever gets to be my big announcement. Brian popped the question while we were in Australia. It was the perfect propsal!
He proposed in Perth on my Australian Birthday. (As they are about 1/2 a day ahead of CO time) (Brian pointed out to me that it was actually late enough in the day, that it was also my CO birthday too)It was in Perth, down by Swan River.

The sun was sinking, the light was beautiful, and it was a sunny gorgeous day! (This picture was actually taken the day after, I was too excited to even think about taking photos when it happened)
We sat on the park bench, and I was asking if I could have my b-day present yet, when he pulled out the little box and asked my favortie question ever.

I, of course, was so excited, I felt like I was going to pop! I forgot to even answer and said instead "Are you serious?" I then whet on to exclaim how beautiful the ring is. When Brian reminded me I hadn't acutally answered yet, I of course immediately said yes!
The ring is titanium and is "spring loaded" so it holds the diamond in place by placing constant pressure on it. The beauty of this is that you can actually see the whole diamond from the side. He inscribed the inside with "I love you Jessica" and the infinity symbol





Needless to say. I feel I am the luckiest girl in the world!

1 comment:

Mary Lynn said...

Awesome! :) I love this!