Friday, December 7, 2007

Not our turn...yet

This past weekend was pretty amazing, and a little frustrating all at the same time.
First, let's get the bad stuff out of the way, so we can focus on all the good stuff at the end. Just to give you some background, Brian and I went out East this past weekend for my cousin Tim's wedding. Well, we had to get up waaaay to early. We slept in until the last possible moment, and that was 4:00. That's right folks, in the AM. Needless to say, we were a little tired. (My saint of a Mom, actually got up that early to drive us to the airport!) The result of neither of us being very awake is that Brain misplaced his very cool camera, somewhere in the airport. We called that lost and found so many times, but as sad new goes, no one turned it in. Sad! That is why there will be no pictures in this blog, because we had no camera. Once we got to the hotel, our business connection room, did not have wireless access, as promised in their ads. So that put a crimp in all the emails that we were supposed to send home, AND there was no swimming pool. Poor Brian.
As the days wore on Brian's brother never gave us a call, so we never got to spend some time with him. Stinker! How often do we get to make it out to your neck of the woods? :)
Once at the wedding, more on that in the good part, one of the waiters spilled (I am talking full on shattered the glass, and everything) red wine on my cream colored wrap. Dad says that one of the stains looks like a human heart. Hmmm. Then, as I was sitting talking to Aunt Barbara about how to fix the stain situation, the opal fell out of its setting in my necklace. *sigh* I think my bad luck was a little contagious. Lissie (one of my other cousins) looked down at her watch and the face of it was Badly cracked.
Then on the way home, our plane was delayed 2 hours, on top of our four hour layover. Of course the weather in Georgia was perfect, but our plane was coming from NY where a big storm had hit. Once we got back to Denver, now around midnight, we were exhausted yet again. So, I went and lost my cell phone. Yep, my brand new, just got the 2G memory card, cell phone. So at this point, you can't call me there. :) So again, I called the lost and found obsessively, and again, no one was kind enough to turn it in.
NOW, for the good stuff! HURRAH! Of course, the wedding was amazing! Tim and Meghan, it was beautiful! The dinner was tasty, the cake looked gorgeous and Meghan, there are no words...you make a lovely bride! Brian and I got to sit with Chris and Lissie during the reception, and while Chris ducked out early to go see a show, Lissie and I were able to dance the night away. I had a great time! And while the James Brown song was not the preferred one, I think that we still were able to live it up. I did also get a slow dance in with Brian and my Dad, who could ask for anything more?
On the family front, I was able to see everyone. It is a rare event, and one of the greatest things ever. All the Aunts, all the Uncles, both the Grandparents and all the cousins. Cool! B and I also spent some real quality time with Grandmom and Grandpop. They took us over to Longwood Gardens and we were able to see the Christmas display. Later that day, Brian and I went back to see all the Christmas lights. (We missed Uncle Jim singing by a hair, but it was still fun). I got to show off my beautiful engagement ring. (It almost didn't make it back from the resizing in time, we only had a few hours to spare when I picked it up) And I found out that most of my extended family is planning on coming out for our wedding. Hurrah!
Anyway, I had a wonderful weekend, despite all the bad stuff! I wish Tim and Meghan the very best in life!
Happy Wedding Days

1 comment:

Mary Lynn said...

Blessings to Tim and Meghan! :)