Friday, February 22, 2008

Yum


Hello everyone

Sorry for the long break in my blogs. I have been super busy with work, and I feel like there isn't much time to breath, let alone to check up on emails and post blogs. So now I have a brief break before I head down to open the next show in my stint of continuous work as a Stage Manager. (Hurrah for The Vic, by the way)

So, Mom, Dad, Diana, Brian and I all got together for a lovely get together. The set up was a little "private room" at an actual table and had our tasting. It was a lot of fun, and I felt like we were spending a million dollars on the wedding. "And trust me, we aren't spending THAT much."

We were offered water, soda and wine. We did have to move our center piece so that we could talk to one another. Taller is not always better. Then we were off and running on eating all that tasty food. We were first given a selection of appetizers. There was a fried risotto, a brie tartlet, brushetta, and a stuffed mushroom. They were all pretty tasty, but the overall favorite was the mushroom. Let me just tell you, I in general just can't stand the taste of mushrooms, so the fact that it was my favorite was saying a lot about the ability of these folks to cook some good food.

After we were given a chance to chat and think up some general questions, our dinner was brought out. Dad was so excited to try to food that Brian didn't get a chance to get a shot of the presentation. But it was pretty, you will just have to trust us



We had a taste of chicken, a taste of beef and a taste of salmon. All went over well, and everyone seemed to have a different favorite. But we were very spoiled and had a lot of very good food. It was a wonderful night, and it gave us an idea of what food we would like to have at our wedding. We also discovered how expensive some decisions can be, and we had to adjust accordingly. Those hidden charges kill me. All in all, it was a wonderful night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was happy that the mushroom won first prize. You also don't have to worry about center piece heights - with tall friends like us. Sometimes taller is better :)